Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hurnik
To read previous discussion click HERE

Application link for the Shop Your Way (SYW) MasterCard is HERE.

Accumulating points, expiration, and redemptions:
You can accumulate SYW points in some of the following methods:
  • Bonus offers sent to your email (ie: Spend $750 on Online and get 200,000 SYW Bonus points)
  • Regular spend - categories: 5% in gas, 3% in grocery/restaurants, 2% in SYW Merchants, 1% everywhere else
  • "Missions" in the SYW App (iPhone/Android)
Expiration of points:
Not all points have the same expiration timeframe. Some bonus/incentive points expire in 30 days or less. Most are 1 year. You can check in the SYW app, or the shopyourway.com website. Make sure to redeem the points before they expire!!!!

Redemptions:
You can only redeem $200 worth per day. So if you redeem for a $200 GC, you have to wait until the next day to make another redemption of any amount.

What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
  • Texas de Brazil (.com site for GC, VIP cards) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO
What didn't count as Restaurnt purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Texas de Brazil.com (GC,VIP cards, etc.) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Sears and Shop Your Way (SYW) Cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2023, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Citi Sears and Shop Your Way (SYW) Cards

Does anyone own both Sears cards? The Thank You and Shop Your Way card

I have the Sears Thank you card and want to apply for the Shop Your Way card so I can take advantage of both card offers separately.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage LT GLD 1.806MM
I received an interesting new Bonus ThankYou Points offer for Gas, Grocery, Restaurant purchases that covers all of calendar year 2024:

Earn 7,500 Bonus ThankYou Points after you spend $750-$1,499.99 on total eligible purchases within the month. Offer ends 12/31/2024.

OR

Earn 15,000 Bonus ThankYou Points after you spend $1,500 or more on total eligible purchases within the month. Offer ends 12/31/2024.

This is essentially 10x Bonus ThankYou Points if GGR spending is just over $750 or $1,500 per month.

Max bonus points is capped at 180,000 Bonus ThankYou points for calendar year 2024.

Nice to know what my target spending is for the whole year, and no more waiting for new offers every 3 months. I'll easily hit the max 180K points with regular monthly spend.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 1:16 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I officially have zero offers going. We'll see if they try to draw me back a few days in, which sometimes happens. I did have a quarter break last year with no GGD offer.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 8:10 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
I officially have zero offers going. We'll see if they try to draw me back a few days in, which sometimes happens. I did have a quarter break last year with no GGD offer.
I had $50 for $750 online spend on both P1 and P2 that I completed in before 12/31. P2 had GGR for Q4. Nothing on either card now.

Super disappointing as I was getting used to an extra $300-$400 every month.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Singapore Airlines Kris Gold
Right there with ya! Fingers crossed~
Old Jan 1, 2024, 2:20 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
I still have utilities till end of January, and online till 01/14. The second one is done, but will do utilities. No GGD offer, but it may appear later today.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:25 am

Got two emails for separate 1 year offers for my SYW card:
  1. Use your card each month for the rest of the year on eligible gas station, grocery store, and restaurant purchases: $100 Statement Credit when you spend $1,000‍ -‍ $1,999.99 each‍ ‍month* | OR | $200.00 Statement Credit when you spend $2,000 or more each‍ ‍month*
  2. Once activated, spend each month on total eligible travel and entertainment purchases to earn 5% back in statement credit each month for this offer (up to a maximum monthly statement credit of $100).

Last edited by libralibra; Jan 2, 2024 at 10:09 am
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:28 am

P1 got GGR $100 for spending $1000-$1999.99 each month or $200 for spending $2000+/month for 12 months.

Nothing on P2 yet.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by libralibra
Got two emails for separate 1 year offers for my SYW card:
  • $100 Statement Credit when you spend $1,000‍ -‍ $1,999.99 each‍ ‍month* | OR | $200.00 Statement Credit when you spend $2,000 or more each‍ ‍month*
  • Once activated, spend each month on total eligible travel and entertainment purchases to earn 5% back in statement credit each month for this offer (up to a maximum monthly statement credit of $100).
Same here. Slightly tempted to use it. Although in my case, the categories are:
Use your card each month for the rest of the year on eligiblegas station, grocery store, and restaurant purchases.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
Same here. Slightly tempted to use it. Although in my case, the categories are:
Use your card each month for the rest of the year on eligiblegas station, grocery store, and restaurant purchases.
Same! fixed my post too

Will have to buy Vanilla GC or something and pay insurance with it, but still unlikely to be able to spend 2k a month every month.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by libralibra
Same! fixed my post too

Will have to buy Vanilla GC or something and pay insurance with it, but still unlikely to be able to spend 2k a month every month.
You can still do just 1k a month every month as you're still getting 10% back whether it's $1000 or $2000.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 11:34 am

Yay! I got the same offer as your #1, after spending nearly nothing on the card in December.

https://imgur.com/a/aMQD7Um
Old Jan 2, 2024, 2:53 pm

I got the same offer as everyone else, but instead of statement credit it's 10,000 or 20,000 "Bonus ThankYou" points each month of 2024. Still the same 10%.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:14 pm

P2 just got the offer. Now to come up with $4000 of GGR spending a month. Tough because one of the cards doesn’t let me buy gift cards. But we shall see!
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:19 pm

Don't lose your hope. Just got the same offer as you from email a few minutes ago:

Use your card each month for the rest of the year on eligible gas station, grocery store, and restaurant purchases.

earn up to 240,000 Bonus ThankYouŽ Points this year with this offer!1

Activate this limited-time offer by 2/15/2024!

Activate Now
10,000 Bonus ThankYou Points when you spend $1,000‍ -‍ $1,999.99 each‍ ‍month* | OR | 20,000 Bonus ThankYou Points when you spend $2,000 or more each‍ ‍month*

Each month you can earn:

*Activation required. Rewards are based on eligible gas station, grocery store, and restaurant purchases each month until 12/31/2024.
  1. Activate this limited-time offer by 2/15/2024
  2. Once activated, spend each month on eligible gas station, grocery store, and restaurant purchases
  3. Earn Bonus ThankYou Points each month, once you have met the eligible purchase requirement within the month, using your Sears MastercardŽ from 1/1/2024 (or the date you activate this offer, whichever is later) through 12/31/2024
The more you spend each month, the more you earn. Activate Your Offer

Start earning in 3 simple steps:

Ready, set, go with Citi TravelSM*

Your one‍-‍stop booking and redemption destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.